Tuesday, February 18, 2014

HPU on DDoS system

I would like to reach out to HPU on my project.

HPU is consistently trying to improve their systems security. I would know this because I tried to attack them last year. Sadly with failure.

I understand there is a chain of command that I have to go through first. I think I might bring it up with my adviser, and he could point me in the direction I would need to get this ball rolling. For example which department and who, or who would most likely allow me to test it out on their servers, etc.

I'm willing to negotiate all requirements for this.

I will try e-mailing my adviser and if I receive no reply within the week, I will talk to him about the idea.
Then I will discuss if there is a possibility at all. However if their is not with Patrick Eagle (my adviser), I will try a different route since this school is a chain and command. Next, I will contact Milika, a professor in the Computer Science Department and see if their is a different way I can do this.

If not, well then I'll just have to find a company.

Throughout this I will be civil and respectful of criticism in this idea from those I try to discuss this with, of course.

1 comment:

  1. I think you want to be careful here. Saying things like "HPU is consistently trying to improve their systems security. I would know this because I tried to attack them last year. Sadly with failure." is likely to upset some people ... do you understand why? Trying to attack a computer system without permission is a good way to get people who are maintaining that system really upset and can land you in jail ...

    ReplyDelete